Sunday, June 22, 2008

Very flexible

Last Friday night, I finally got the opportunity to ask Billy Healis, Hernando County Commission candidate, district 5, a question that came up while talking local politics with an elderly friend of mine. This friend really likes Billy Healis but had concerns about his ability to do the job as county commissioner while being employed at Wal Mart. I explained to her that the county commission position is classified as a part time job but told her I would ask Mr. Healis to clarify his position. I asked Mr. Healis how he intended to juggle two jobs if he was successful in his bid for county commission and here is his response.
Billy Healis said, "When elected, the Hernando County Commission will be my top priority. The citizens of Hernando County can be assured that my position at Wal Mart is very flexible so I will be able to take on any task which will be required of me as your next county commissioner. Wal Mart is what I do, it is not who I am. When elected as your next commissioner for district 5, I pledge to make decisions based on what is right for the entire county. Decisions, I may add, that come down to quality of life issues for every one's future, for your family, as well as mine. I truly am running to make Hernando County a better place to live."

No comments: