Monday, January 28, 2008

Quid Pro Quo

Endorsements, endorsements, endorsements, etc. Has everyone heard enough about the Presidential Preference Primary slated to take place tomorrow? My email box has been full everyday with campaign literature. My phone has been ringing off the hook with that last minute candidate promotions. Radio stations have been blaring last minute campaign ads to get the attention of the voters. Every TV station has inundated our brains with mindless drivel about the candidates. Every candidate is the best thing since sliced bread was invented if you believe the ads.
I thought I had heard it all until Saturday night. Fox News interrupted their regular broadcasting to show Governor Charlie Crist endorse John McCain at the Pinellas County Republican Lincoln Day Dinner. That's when I snapped and started to scream at the television. What does Charlie Crist think he's doing endorsing a candidate before our Florida Presidential Preference Primary Election? It doesn't matter which candidate the Governor endorsed, its the fact that he endorsed a candidate at all before the Primary.
This endorsement sure looks like quid pro quo. "I endorse you and you pick me for the vice president on your ticket". This type of "back door politics" is what has been wrong with the republican party for years. They just don't get it...

No comments: