Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Passing of Mary Aiken

I was saddened to hear about the passing of Mary Aiken, a former Hernando County Commissioner. Mary was a special lady that cared deeply for the people living in Hernando County. I kept in touch with her after she left office, with an occasionally phone call. In fact, the last time I spoke with her was when the Hernando Today had allowed the disparaging remarks by Mr. Herbert about me in May. She phoned me because she was concerned about my general welfare. We had a long chat that day and I am just saddened to say it was our last conversation.
Mary was a breath of fresh air as a county commissioner. She was known for speaking her mind even if it got her in to trouble in the media. The one thing the media always missed about Mary though was her big heart! She loved this community and only wanted to do what was right for everyone.

No comments: