Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Gentlewoman from Florida

Below is a short excerpt from our Congresswoman, Ginny Brown-Waite, from the floor of Congress that I thought you might find interesting:


Approximately 2:08 - 2:09 pm, Monday, September 25, 2006

The Speaker Pro Tempore: "For what purpose does the Gentlewoman from Florida rise?"

Ms. Brown-Waite: "To address the house for one minute and revise and extend my remarks."

The Speaker Pro Tempore: "Without objection."

Ms. Brown-Waite: "Thank you, Mr. Speaker. The old saying, united we stand, divided we fall, is so true. Just as common language can unite a people, the lack of a unified language can be divisive. However, the Senate's immigration bill failed the American people by giving them a watered down feel-good statement that does nothing. New immigrants already have to learn English to become citizens, it's only common sense that we come together under one unified language by making English the official language of the United States. Listen up, America, enough is enough. United we stand and English we speak. Thank you Mr. Speaker, and I yield back the balance of my time."

The Speaker Pro Tempore: "The Gentlelady yields back."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tax relief that is a joke. Newly to this County I am finding out that 1st schools are overcrowded and if you try to get your native Floridian child into a magnet school for get about it. They are consumed with children from other states! Yes they deserve an education but I deserve a credit on my taxes because I pay for private education! The taxes here are higher than Palm Beach County where I am originally from. All of these people that you promote do not do enough and I feel they are all out for themselves just to get a name or the pay backs. Do what is right for the people before you loose your state of Florida to fallen real estate! Taxes, Impact fees and Insurance! This is not a secret!

Unhappy Hernando County resident
US Citizen too!