Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pleased as punch

Very seldom do I discuss anything personal on this blog but today I am just as pleased as punch to report several items in our family that have enriched our lives.
Last week, our son Bryon became a state certified electrical with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations. At the young age of 32, Bryon is rapidly becoming a rising star in the business world and certainly has impressed his aging parents that have been in the trade since Edison discovered the light bulb.
Today, I completed my last class at PHCC to earn an AA degree. I will officially graduate next week from PHCC with honors, as a member of Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society and the Psi Beta National Honor Society. I recently was accepted by the University of South Florida's School of Journalism as a junior for the 2008 fall term.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you. Hard work, positive attitude and tenaciousness pays off. Tony has to be busting at the seams!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations..job well done..

alc said...

Tony has been our mentor, task master and cheer leader & deserves all the credit!!!

alc said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mrs. Covell. Both PHCC and USF (Go Bulls C/O 89)are excellent institutions. PTK definitely shows you are no slacker. As a former educator, I applaud your continued efforts to increase your knowledge and enhance your skills. I recently stumbled across your blog and have found it to be informative and a refreshing change from the typical rantings one finds on "semi-political blogs."

alc said...

I'm glad you like my blog & thanks for your comments.