Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Hernando County Song

If you missed the opening Karaoke contest between the county commissions at the Hernando County Fair, Commissioner Stabins that took the prize with a tune he penned for the occasion. Commissioner Rocco gets an honorable mention for her rendition of Dolly Pardon, dressed in full make-up and costume. Commissioner Kingsley participated even though he didn't sing, unlike Commissioners Russell and Rowden who were "no shows" for this light hearted event to kick off the Fair.
Here is the tune composed by
Jeff Stabins' Hernando County version of "I've Been Everywhere.

"I was toting my pack along the dusty Weeki Wachee road
When along came a semi with a high canvas covered load"
If you're going to Weeki Wachee, Mack, with me you can ride"
And so I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside
He asked me if I'd ever seen so much limerock and sand
And I said, "Listen, Hutch! I've traveled every road in this here land!
"I've been everywhere, man
I've been everywhere, man
Crossed the sandhills bare, man
I've breathed that Osowa air, man
Hernando County Fair, man
I've been everywhere
I've been to:
Istachatta
Aripeka
Every place that's in between a'
Brooksville
Spring Hill
Rerdell and Chassahowitzka
Brookridge
High Point
Hammock that is Ann'teliga
Ridge Manor
Rich Loam
Bayport and Chicochatta
Glen Lakes
Garden Grove
Timber Pines and Pineola
Silverthorn
Silver Ridge
Silver Hills, not Silver dolla'
(Repeat Refrain)
I've been to:
Spring Lake
Hunter's Lake
Bystre Lake and Neff Lake
Citrus Lake
Mountain Lake
Long Lake, Lower Lake
Oak Lake
Gold Lake
How 'bout Squirrel Prairie Lake?
Mud Lake
Nicks Lake
Tooke Lake, Sparkman Lake
Irwin Lake
Silver Lake
Stafford Lake and Tank Lake
McKeethan
LakeOriole
LakeBagwell Lake, for Pete's sake
(Repeat refrain)
I've been to:
Nobleton
Wiscon
Talisman, East Linden
Springwod
Tanglewood
Rainbow Woods, Dogwood
Sherman Hills
Seven Hills
Hernando Beach, Southern Hills
Masaryktown
Oak Sound
Cloverleaf and Downtown
Royal Highlands
Royal Hills
Royal Oaks, Pine Island
River Country
River Heights
River Run and Hexam Heights
(Repeat refrain)
I've been to:
Lake Lindsey
Lake Village
Lake View, Lakeside Village
Lake in the Woods
Barony Woods
Amber Woods, Amidon Woods
Hill 'n Dale
Croom Rital
Withlacoochee State Trail
Woodland Waters
Rolling Acres
Highland Acres, Happy Acres
Brooksville
Spring Hill
Rerdell and Chassahowitzka
Istachatta
Aripeka
Every place that's in between 'a
(Repeat refrain, then pass out)

No comments: