Friday, February 23, 2007

A memorable day

Yesterday was a wonderful day. A combination of three things make the day memorable for me. First, my husband spoiled me on my birthday with a beautiful gift and a late dinner out at Carrabba's Restaurant.
Secondly, the new electrical inspector for the city of Brooksville paid me a visit at our business. He said he stopped in to introduce himself to me because he wanted to meet a woman master electrician. During his nice visit he took the opportunity to compliment me and my husband on our son who works in our company. The electrical inspector said our son was one of the most courteous and polite young men that he had the pleasure of dealing with in quite some time. As a mom, (and a boss) this swelled my heart with pride.
And last but not least, I had the privilege of attending a retirement party for former city manager, Richard Anderson at Johnny Carrino's. The crowd ranged of 50-60 people which included three former council members Ernie Weaver, Mary Staib and Joe Johnston. Four city department heads were also included in the crowd, along with many rank and file employees, to wish Dick well as he moves into retirement. A large number of friends and family were also on hand to hug and kiss our favorite city manager. A short presentation took place and a very nice plaque was presented to Dick by City Councilman Richard Lewis on his years of service with the city. We had all chipped in earlier to purchase Dick a large barbecue grill which was impossible to bring to the restaurant so a nice framed photo (of the grill) was presented to him last night. Dick was truly pleased that all his friends and family threw him this special party to mark his retirement from the city of Brooksville. The smiles on every one's face last night was a fitting closure to say thank you for many years of superb service provided by Richard Anderson for the city of Brooksville...

No comments: